More Saphira Progress

This past weekend we made a lot of progress. Saphira is now repainted blue, and new eye prototypes have been casted out of two-part resin.

IMG_3763

These new eyes are very cool, and since these are just prototypes, we’re sure the final build will be even more impressive

And be sure to have adequate protection when painting!

IMG_3771

We also got the base back from the welders:

IMG_3762

There is some additional footprint on the front to balance Saphira when she rises quickly (she had a tendency to tip forward).

We made good progress on building the wood and steel platforms on which we’ll attach the rebuild hydraulics and all of the electronics for the robotic drive and the sound system.

We also learned how to use a couple of different power tools safely and skillfully, with Jeff’s help. A bandsaw:

IMG_3766

And a jigsaw:

IMG_3774

Malik helping.

IMG_3694

Jasper working on code that will run on the Raspberry Pi…

IMG_3777

…and then helping Jean while he tracks down some minor problems with the wiring harness that connects the Raspberry Pi to the solenoid driver circuitry.

IMG_3776

 

Comments are closed.